- Bill Gates
2. Reading is equivalent to thinking with someone else's head instead of with one's own.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
3. Reading is an activity subsequent to writing: more resigned, more civil, more intellectual.
- Jorge Luis Borges
4. The greatest part of a writer's time is spent in reading in order to write. A man will turn over half a library to make a book.
- Samuel Johnson
5. Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
6. When you read a novel, your own imagery is the most important. It's what makes reading such a wonderful thing.
- Daniel Craig
7. The greatest gift is the passion for reading. It is cheap, it consoles, it distracts, it excites, it gives you knowledge of the world and experience of a wide kind. It is a moral illumination.
- Moses Hadas
8. Never be entirely idle; but either be reading, or writing, or praying or meditating or endeavoring something for the public good.
- Thomas a Kempis
9. Reading is more of a left-brain process, and listening to music is a right-brain function.
- Maynard James Keenan
10. No one ever committed suicide while reading a good book, but many have tried while trying to write one.
- Robert Byrne