1. If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
2. Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
3. A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it or offer your own version in return.
4. I think of life as a good book. The further you get into it, the more it begins to make sense.
5. There are perhaps no days of our childhood we lived so fully as those we spent with a favorite book.